Russian, US presidents to meet in MarchDecember 17th, 2011 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Dec 17 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev and his US counterpart Barack Obama are likely to meet in Seoul in March 2012, the White House has said.
Obama and Medvedev had a phone conversation Friday, where the US president congratulated the Russian leader on Russia’s admission to the World Trade Organisation and voiced America’s plan to continue mutually beneficial cooperation, said White House spokesman Jay Carney.
“The two presidents said they looked forward to meeting next at the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul, South Korea in March 2012,” Carney said in a statement.
Obama and Medvedev last met on the sidelines of the APEC summit in Hawaii in November 2011.
- Medvedev, Obama to discuss Syria in Seoul - Mar 24, 2012
- US-Russia cooperation based on interests: White House - Mar 09, 2012
- Medvedev heads off for Seoul, Delhi - Mar 26, 2012
- Russia to persuade Iran, North Korea for talks - Mar 28, 2012
- Gaddafi must step down: Medvedev - May 27, 2011
- Medvedev pledges modernisation will continue - Nov 13, 2011
- Russian, South Korean leaders meet in Seoul - Mar 26, 2012
- Medvedev congratulates Obama on independence day - Jul 05, 2011
- Putin not to attend G8 Summit - May 10, 2012
- Medvedev accepts offer to head ruling party - Apr 27, 2012
- Woman gifts socks, mittens to Medvedev, Putin - Nov 17, 2011
- US, Russia missile shield deal in two years - Mar 29, 2012
- Assad departure no solution to Syrian problems: Russia - Mar 28, 2012
- Putin to meet Clinton for Syria discussions - Sep 07, 2012
- Obama calls Putin - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: apec, apec summit, barack obama, beneficial cooperation, carney, dg, dmitry medvedev, nuclear security, phone conversation, ria novosti, russian leader, russian president, security summit, seoul south korea, sidelines, south korea, us counterpart, us presidents, white house spokesman, world trade organisation