Russian teenager chokes to death in sunflower seedsJune 30th, 2012 - 9:29 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 30 (IANS/RIA Novosti) In a bizarre tragedy, a 15-year-old boy working at a grain tower full of sunflower seeds, fell in and suffocated to death, officials said.
The boy climbed the 35-metre-high storage facility to control the loading process, officers in Krasnodar region said.
But he failed to keep his balance and fell inside, and sank to a depth of two metres.
Other workers pulled him out, but by that time he had choked on the seeds.
Russia is the world’s biggest producer of sunflower seeds, which are used to produce oil as well as consumed by people as a snack.
- Russian cop couple drown in sewer - Jun 14, 2012
- Russia rains: Toll rises to nearly 80 (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Russia bans ships similar to sunken Bulgaria riverboat - Jul 17, 2011
- Putin visits flood affected region - Jul 08, 2012
- Photographer falls to death at Moscow rally - May 07, 2012
- Plane makes emergency landing in Russia - Jul 04, 2011
- Russian wing-suit jumper sets new world record - Jun 06, 2012
- Over 140 dead in Russian floods (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Two Russian women killed by hurricane - Jan 28, 2012
- US offers help in Russia flood disaster - Jul 08, 2012
- Russian prisoner flees on hijacked chopper - Mar 23, 2012
- List of venues for 2018 World Cup to be announced Sep 29 - Sep 05, 2012
- Iran finds large gas deposit in Caspian Sea - Dec 11, 2011
- Russian steals gunpowder to fuel stove - Aug 14, 2012
- Wreckage of downed Turkish plane located - Jun 25, 2012