Russian military cadet dies in skydiveApril 5th, 2012 - 7:03 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 5 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A Russian cadet paratrooper died Wednesday in a training skydive, the defence ministry said.
According to ministry spokesman Col. Alexander Kucherenko, the cadet from the Military Academy of Ground Forces, whose name was not disclosed, was part of a group parachuting from an Ilyshin Il-76 transport plane at the Zhitovo training range in Ryazan region.
A special commission, led by Deputy Commander of Airborne Troops, Maj. Gen. Andrei Kholzakov, flew to the site of the tragedy to investigate the accident.
- Russia, US hold war games - Jun 01, 2012
- Russians get trained for Austrian sniper rifles - Dec 10, 2011
- Russia, US to hold joint anti-terror drill - Apr 20, 2012
- Russia to develop new AWACS plane - Aug 09, 2011
- Russia scraps outdated tanks, armoured vehicles - Mar 24, 2012
- Child among three killed in Russian plane crash - Jul 22, 2012
- One killed, 24 hurt in Russian ammunition blast - Jun 23, 2010
- Floods hit homes in Russia - Apr 22, 2012
- Dzyuba to miss World Cup qualifiers - Sep 05, 2012
- Russia denies Finnish airspace violation - Aug 25, 2012
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Russian Air Force tests new missile - Jan 25, 2012
- Russian army to get Boomerang armoured carriers - Feb 22, 2012
- Russia deploys air defence system in Abkhazia - Aug 11, 2010
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012