Russian cop couple drown in sewerJune 14th, 2012 - 7:26 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, June 14 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Two married police officers met an unlikely demise in Russia after falling into a sewer and suffocating from its fumes.
The incident took place in Tarkhany village in Saratov region, the 4vsar.ru news website said.
The man, a 35-year-old police officer whose name was withheld, was repairing the sewer system in his house.
While working, he busted a hole in the four-metre-deep sewer, but then suffocated from the fumes rising from it.
His wife, also a police officer, tried to pull him out but fainted from the fumes, and fell into it and drowned.
- Russian teenager chokes to death in sunflower seeds - Jun 30, 2012
- Man jailed after dog 'shoots' friend - Apr 04, 2012
- Space factory worker held for making weapons - May 31, 2012
- Russian attempts suicide after watching 'The Amazing Spider-Man' - Jul 07, 2012
- Russian woman beats up three cops - Feb 23, 2012
- Doctor held for injuring 'demon-possessed' kid - Mar 23, 2012
- Moscow court acquits Kasparov - Aug 25, 2012
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- One dead as six Uzbeks fall into well - Apr 04, 2012
- Cannabis field found in Moscow - Aug 11, 2012
- Golden bust of Putin to be displayed - Feb 17, 2012
- World War II plane found in Russian lake - Jun 21, 2012
- Policeman kidnapped in Russia - Aug 24, 2012
- Moscow serial killer gets life for 16 murders - Jan 30, 2012
- Moscow airport cops suspected of extortion - Aug 29, 2012