Russia to submit nuclear safety reportApril 14th, 2008 - 8:00 pm ICT by admin
Moscow, April 14 (RIA Novosti) Russia will submit a report on its nuclear and radioactive safety to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) April 18 in Vienna, the country’s industrial safety regulator said Monday. The UN nuclear watchdog holds meetings of the world’s nuclear power countries every three years to review the state of global nuclear safety.
The talks are part of the Convention on Nuclear Safety (CNS), a major legally binding international treaty.
The CNS meetings review operational and regulatory aspects of civilian nuclear power plants in the convention member states.
The report prepared by Russia’s federal environmental, engineering and nuclear supervision agency Rostekhnadzor notifies about changes in the legislative and regulatory framework of the operation of Russia’s nuclear industry and includes information on the safe storage of radioactive waste and spent nuclear fuel.
In addition, the report provides information on the operation of Russia’s state-controlled nuclear power corporation Rosenergoatom.
At present, there are 61 contracting parties to the Convention on Nuclear Safety.
- More needs to be done for global n-security: IAEA - Mar 22, 2012
- IAEA team to review safety of Rajasthan atomic plants - Sep 18, 2012
- Radioactive water leaks from Japan n-plant - Apr 03, 2011
- N-safety bill tabled in Lok Sabha - Sep 07, 2011
- Russia conducts stress tests on n-plants - Apr 20, 2011
- India committed to nuclear safety, says AEC chief - Sep 20, 2012
- Russia may build more n-reactors in Iran - Nov 10, 2011
- Sea water off Kukushima has high level of radioactive iodine - Mar 24, 2011
- Moscow urges Iran to respond to IAEA concerns - Feb 27, 2012
- Russia to help Bangladesh build n-power plant - Nov 02, 2011
- Low levels of radioactive particles detected in Europe, source unknown - Nov 11, 2011
- Iran's Bushehr n-plant almost ready: Russia - Jun 19, 2011
- No increased radiation in India: atomic panel - Apr 12, 2011
- IAEA to meet Iran over access to n-site - Jun 04, 2012
- India will need 5,057 tonnes of uranium in 12th Plan (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011