Russia sends Poland files on presidential plane crashApril 7th, 2011 - 11:31 am ICT by IANS
Warsaw, April 7 (IANS) Russian prosecutors have sent Poland 14 volumes of files on the investigation into the Polish presidential plane crash near Russia’s Smolensk city, ahead of the the first anniversary of the deadly accident.
The then Poland president Lech Kaczynski, his wife Maria, and 94 passengers onboard the presidential plane were killed in the air crash near Smolensk April 10, 2010.
The delegation was on its way to the commemoration of the 70th anniversary of the Katyn Massacre in which 22,000 Polish officers were executed by the Soviet Union during World War II.
The Polish prosecutor’s office will receive the files Thursday from the Polish diplomatic services that received them in Moscow Wednesday, Xinhua reported.
“This is evidence of key importance,” Polish prosecutors said after returning from Russia.
The files include information from crash on-site inspection carried out by Polish archaeologists and geologists.
Saak Karapetyan, head of the international legal cooperation main board of the Russian prosecutor’s office, said in Moscow that the Poles have received all they had asked for.
- No changes in Russia-Poland relations after plane crash report - Aug 04, 2011
- Poland partly blames Russia for presidential plane crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Poland questions 300 in air crash probe - Sep 12, 2010
- Twin brother identifies body of Polish President Kaczynski - Apr 11, 2010
- Poland asks Russia for Smolensk air crash reports - Jul 20, 2010
- Kaczynski's brother blasts Russian probe of plane crash - Jan 12, 2011
- Poland rejects Russia's report on President Kaczynski's death - Dec 17, 2010
- Poland begins week of mourning after Russian air crash - Apr 11, 2010
- Polish first lady may visit plane crash site - Jan 31, 2011
- Air crash: Polish, Russian investigators examining flight data recorders - Apr 11, 2010
- Prince Charles to attend Poland President Kaczynski's funeral - Apr 15, 2010
- Polish President among 87 killed in Russian plane crash - Apr 10, 2010
- Polish president's ill mother unaware of his death - Apr 12, 2010
- Six dead in southern Russia plane crash - Mar 06, 2011
- Russian police looted presidential plane after crash: Poland - Jun 07, 2010
Tags: 70th anniversary, air crash, archaeologists, commemoration, deadly accident, diplomatic services, geologists, katyn massacre, lech, legal cooperation, plane crash, polish officers, presidential plane, russian prosecutor, russian prosecutors, smolensk, warsaw, wife maria, world war ii, xinhua