Russia plans to offer Capello two-year dealJuly 7th, 2012 - 9:33 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Russian FA plans to offer former England coach Fabio Capello a two-year deal to become the national team coach, said an official close to negotiations Saturday.
The post became vacant after Euro 2012, when Dutchman Dick Advocaat stepped down following the country’s humiliating group-stage exit last month.
The Russian Football Union’s executive director Alexander Alaev and acting president Nikita Simonyan are to fly to Italy Wednesday for talks with the 66-year-old Capello.
He is set to be offered a two-year contract with a two-year extension option, taking him through to the 2014 World Cup and its qualifying campaign.
Capello resigned after four years in charge of England in February, in protest at interference in team affairs from the country’s FA.
Capello has vast experience in the game, listing AC Milan, Juventus, AS Roma, Real Madrid among former clubs he has coached.
- Ex-England coach Capello spotted at Moscow airport - Jul 12, 2012
- 'Capello is a tough coach' - Jul 08, 2012
- Capello to live in Russia if chosen as coach - Jul 14, 2012
- Capello can't rest on laurels: Bilyaletdinov - Jul 18, 2012
- Capello seeks Russian assistant - Jul 22, 2012
- Capello 'confident' of Russia's 2014 chances - Jul 18, 2012
- Capello seeks to rein in player bonuses - Sep 03, 2012
- No extension option in Capello's contract: Russia FA - Jul 22, 2012
- Russia name Capello as new national coach - Jul 16, 2012
- Spalletti backs Capello for Russia - Jul 15, 2012
- Russia to decide on new coach soon: Sports minister - Jul 05, 2012
- Capello signs for Russia - Jul 26, 2012
- Mostovoi ready to assist Capello - Jul 18, 2012
- Russia's foreign quota complicates my task: Capello - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Dangerous' Russia to qualify from group: Hiddink - Jun 10, 2012
Tags: ac milan, acting president, coach fabio capello, dick advocaat, dutchman, england coach, euro 2012, executive director, extension option, former clubs, group stage, interference, milan juventus, national team coach, nikita, real madrid, ria novosti, russian football union, vd, world cup