Russia must develop ways to influence world oil prices: PutinNovember 11th, 2008 - 3:25 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, Nov 11 (RIA Novosti) Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has said Moscow must develop a set of measures to influence world oil prices. “As a major exporter and producer of crude and oil products, Russia cannot remain on the sidelines with regard to the formulation of world pricing for crude,” Putin said Monday while meeting heads of Russia’s top oil companies to discuss crude export duty cuts amid the ongoing global financial crisis.
“We must develop an entire range of measures that would allow us to actively influence the market situation,” Putin said.
World oil prices have fallen more than 50 percent from a record high of $147 per barrel in July, as the global credit crunch has brought fuel demand down in most oil-consuming economies.
On Monday, Putin met executives from state-run Rosneft, Gazprom Neft, the country’s largest independent crude producer LUKoil, the Russian-British joint venture TNK-BP, and Surgutneftegaz, as well as the national pipeline monopoly Transneft.
- Russia, Venezuela sign package of oil deals - Sep 10, 2009
- Russia to raise fuel export duties due to domestic shortage - Apr 29, 2011
- Russia to help Venezuela develop nuclear project - Apr 03, 2010
- ExxonMobil and Rosneft sign deal for joint development of Arctic and Black Sea resources - Aug 31, 2011
- Russia resumes oil deliveries to Belarus after price agreement - Jan 26, 2011
- Venezuela and Russia complete oil deal negotiations - Sep 14, 2009
- Russia to provide $9 bn to oil, gas majors - Oct 14, 2008
- Libyan rebels to negotiate with Russia on economic issues - Sep 05, 2011
- Russian oil companies want consortium in Latin America - Sep 18, 2008
- Putin asks Abramovich to 'open his wallet' to help fund 2018 World Cup - Dec 05, 2010
- Russia, China sign $25-bn energy deal - Feb 18, 2009
- No gas deal during Putin's China visit: Moscow - Oct 11, 2011
- Russia's Gazprom world's most profitable firm in 2011 - Jul 31, 2012
- Putin calls for 27 percent GDP investment by 2018 - Jun 22, 2012
- China, Russia oil pipeline operation significant to global energy market: Expert - Jan 01, 2011