Rural job scheme bungling: Over 2,000 officials bookedMay 23rd, 2011 - 11:40 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 23 (IANS) Over 2,000 officials have been booked in Madhya Pradesh for financial irregularities in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MNREGS), a state minister said Monday.
Gopal Bhargava, minister for panchayat, rural development and social justice, said penal action has been taken against two district collectors, six zila panchayat chief executive officers (CEO), 109 janpad panchayat CEOs, seven executive engineers, 67 assistance engineers, 208 sub-engineers and 22 other employees.
The minister also claimed that Rs.105 crore has been saved by decreasing the administrative expenditure on the MNREGS implementation in the state.
- All rural development schemes to be audited: Ramesh - Dec 13, 2011
- Four Odisha officials held in rural job scheme fraud - Aug 10, 2012
- Remote habitats in Madhya Pradesh to have road links - Oct 14, 2009
- 212 Madhya Pradesh villages chosen for Nirmal Gram Puraskar - Mar 23, 2012
- Mud embankments help Madhya Pradesh farmers increase crop yield - Jul 29, 2012
- Public service: Madhya Pradesh makes good of first-mover advantage - Sep 18, 2011
- No discrimination against Jharkhand: Jairam Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- MoU with CAG to audit rural development schemes: Ramesh - Oct 09, 2011
- TCS gets Rs.103 crore Bengal contract - Sep 07, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh officials suspended for misusing NREGS funds - Nov 15, 2009
- Special MGNREGS courts planned: Ramesh - Nov 09, 2011
- Over 20,000 ponds dug in Bengal in last one year - Jun 27, 2012
- HIV-AIDS prevention tops India's agenda, says minister (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
- Ramesh proposes CBI probe into rural job scheme in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 25, 2011
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,