Rural info through mobile SMS in TripuraJune 24th, 2011 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, June 24 (IANS) For swift communication of government decisions and announcement relating to rural affairs, the Tripura government will use the SMS system, a minister said Friday.
“Government decisions relating to rural affairs would first be communicated to panchayat heads and officials of all ranks through mobile SMS (Short Messaging System) followed by normal government circulars,” Tripura Rural Development Minister Jitendra Chaudhury zaid.
The minister claimed that in 2010-11, Tripura secured the top position in the country by providing on an average 67 mandays to the people under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act against the national average of 46.56 mandays.
“However, 77,990 families got 100 mandays of works last year of the total 585,185 job card holders,” the minister said.
To overcome the problem of delay in allocation of funds under the MGNREGA, Tripura is the first state in India to introduce the Fund Flow Management System (FFMS).
“The web-based FFMS, which would formally start June 28, would help in smoothening fund flow to various implementing agencies without funds being blocked at any level,” Chaudhury added.
Criticising the central government for delayed allocation of funds under the MGNREGA, the minister said that due to the delay, achievement of 100 mandays in a year was not possible across the country.
“This is contrary to the act,” he stated.
The Tripura government has also providing wages to the MGNREGA workers at their door steps through business correspondents engaged by the various nationalised and regional rural banks.
According to the minister, among the northeastern states, Assam has been providing Rs 130 per day to each MGNREGA workers while the other northeastern states giving Rs 118 perday.
- Tripura provides most jobs under NREGA - Dec 10, 2011
- Tripura tops in average employment under rural jobs scheme - Mar 29, 2012
- Tripura tops rural jobs scheme - Jul 22, 2010
- Tripura raises salaries of rural job scheme staff - May 18, 2012
- UPA playing politics while allocating funds: Tripura minister - Jun 01, 2011
- Aadhaar to pilot pensions, wages in 50 districts, says Ramesh - Jul 01, 2012
- Northeast seeks special package for industry, tourism - Jan 19, 2012
- Delayed wage payments hit rural job scheme: minister - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Rural jobs scheme should have off period during agriculture season' - Mar 20, 2012
- Bengal unhappy with inadequate MGNREGA wage hike - Mar 29, 2012
- UID used to make rural employment payments in Jharkand - Feb 22, 2012
- 'MGNREGA 2.0' with 30 new works launched - May 08, 2012
- No going slow on rural job programme: Jairam Ramesh - Jul 19, 2011
- Bangladesh, India to start work on Feni bridge - May 05, 2012
- Four more Border Haats to be set up along India-Bangladesh border - Mar 23, 2012
Tags: agartala, assam, business correspondents, central government, chaudhury, development minister, ffms, flow management, government circulars, government decisions, job card, june 24, mahatma gandhi, mobile sms, northeastern states, rural affairs, rural banks, rural development, short messaging system, tripura government