Run a district to know problems, Soren tells MaoistsOctober 26th, 2008 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 26 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren Sunday made an unusual offer to Maoist guerrillas. He asked them to “choose a district of the state to run the administration” to understand the problems faced while running the government.”Maoist rebels should come forward and they should choose a district of the state to run the administration. The state government will provide Maoist rebels budgetary support. Maoists should keep the people of the district happy,” said Soren while inaugurating Domchanch block in Koderma district of Jharkhand Sunday.
Soren was referring to problems faced in running the administration and how Maoist rebels are using the malfunctioning of the administrative system to their adcvantage.
He also said that only employment can end the Maoism related problems.
He admitted that the block level officials are involved in taking bribes.
Soren, who inaugurated the state’s 216th block, appealed to the people to come forward to fight against corruption.
“When villages will be developed, the state would automatically develop,” he said.
- 'Soren conniving with Maoists, abduction was pre-planned' - Feb 21, 2010
- Abducted Jharkhand official's wife threatens self-immolation - Feb 16, 2010
- Abducted Jharkhand official untraced, BJP questions swap plan - Feb 19, 2010
- Soren assures help in anti-Maoist drive - Jan 28, 2010
- Jharkhand mulls Maoist demands for official's release - Feb 15, 2010
- Shibu Soren supports Maoists, says Maoism a 'people's movement' - Dec 30, 2010
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- Jairam for tribal-friendly development to fight Maoists - Jan 25, 2012
- Review cases against innocents branded Maoists: Soren - Feb 20, 2010
- Soren to discuss anti-Maoist operation with PM - Jan 18, 2010
- Chidambaram to fine-tune anti-Maoist operations - Jan 21, 2010
- Maoist killing of policeman shocks Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 03, 2010
- States to plan anti-Maoist offensive, Soren assures help (Lead) - Jan 28, 2010
- Jharkhand governor, CM urge Maoists to shun violence (Lead) - Jan 26, 2010
- Soren urges Maoists to release abducted Jharkhand BDO - Feb 15, 2010