Ruchika’s brother comes out of hiding, files fresh complaint (Lead)December 31st, 2009 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Dec 31 (IANS) Ruchika Girhotra’s brother Ashu, who was in hiding for the past 16 years since his sister’s suicide, emerged Thursday evening and submitted a fresh complaint to the police of abetment to suicide against former Haryana top cop S.P.S. Rathore.
The complaint also sought a case against serving Haryana inspector general of police (IGP) K.P. Singh, who was the Ambala district police chief when Ashu was booked in false car theft cases by the police at Rathore’s behest.
Rathore, former Haryana DGP, has been held guilty of molesting Ruchika 19 years ago. The teenager committed suicide three years later as her family was continually harassed when she filed a complaint against Rathore.
“We were harassed, tortured in police custody,” Ashu told reporters.
Having lived a life in hiding ever since his torture by the Haryana police between 1990 and Dec 1993, Ashu walked confidently out of his house in Sector 12-A here.
Wearing blue jeans and an off-white jacket, Ashu was taken in a green-coloured Honda-CRV sports utility vehicle by lawyer Pankaj Bhardwaj to the office of Panchkula’s superintendent of police in Sector 1 here.
He was accompanied by his father, S.C. Girhotra, and Anand Praksh, father of Ruchika’s friend Aradhana, who fought the case relentlessly against Rathore in the last 19 years.
“We have filed a fresh complaint with the police seeking registration of a case of abetment of suicide against Rathore and others. In this petition, the complainant is Ashu himself,” Bhardwaj told reporters here.
Bhardwaj wondered why the Panchkula police was not arresting Rathore despite the registration of two new first information reports (FIRs) against him by the police Tuesday.
“Rathore has been booked under non-bailable sections of the IPC. Why is the police delaying his arrest,” the lawyer asked.
- Ruchika's brother files fresh complaint against Rathore - Dec 31, 2009
- Ruchika case: Punjab and Haryana High Court seeks details of Rathore's promotion - Nov 17, 2010
- Rathore oversaw my torture, recalls Ruhika's brother - Dec 31, 2009
- Fresh complaints filed against Rathore in Ruchika case (Lead) - Dec 29, 2009
- Rathore bail hearing adjourned till 12.30 p.m. - Jan 01, 2010
- Rathore in deep trouble, Ruchika's brother files fresh charge (Roundup) - Dec 31, 2009
- Rathore gets interim relief, asked not to leave country (Fourth Lead) - Jan 01, 2010
- Court gives Rathore interim relief on bail plea (Third Lead) - Jan 01, 2010
- Haryana Govt registers abetment of suicide FIR against Rathore - Jan 05, 2010
- 'Step-mom' generates new controversy in Ruchika case - Jan 11, 2010
- On Ruchika's 16th death anniversary, government says case to be re-probed (Roundup) - Dec 29, 2009
- Rathore charged with abetting suicide, arrest imminent (Lead) - Jan 05, 2010
- CBI wants to close two cases against Rathore - Nov 10, 2010
- Ruchika case: Witness accuses CBI of shielding cops - Dec 21, 2010
- Fresh FIRs against Rathore, including attempt to murder (Lead) - Dec 29, 2009
Tags: 19 years, ambala district, anand, aradhana, ashu, behest, bhardwaj, blue jeans, car theft, complainant, dgp, district police, haryana police, honda crv, information reports, k p singh, police custody, ruchika, sector 1, sports utility vehicle