RTI activist files case against Delhi Congress legislatorJune 23rd, 2012 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) An Right to Information (RTI) activist Friday filed a case in a Delhi court against Congress legislator Kanwal Karan Singh for illegally encroaching upon government land for a petrol pump.
RTI activist and advocate Vivek Garg filed the case against Karan Singh, an MLA from the Model Town assembly constituency. The complainant, citing various documents accessed through RTI, alleged that Singh had caused losses worth crores of rupees to the government exchequer.
“The evidence clearly proves the unlawful activities, corrupt practices and malafide intention of the accused Singh,” said Garg. He added that Singh had committed the offences of cheating, fraud, corruption and criminal breach of trust.
“The matter has been listed for hearing July 4 before the Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Smita Garg,” Garg told IANS Saturday.
However Singh’s personal secretary, M.N. Mishra denied the allegations levelled against the legislator. Mishra said a petrol pump is allotted with the approval of the union government through a proper process. “We have not encroached any government property illegally,” Mishra told IANS.
- More time for probe into graft plea against Dikshit - Sep 04, 2012
- Court seeks police report on complaint against Dikshit - Jun 08, 2012
- District judge to decide jurisdiction issue in Dikshit case - Jul 06, 2012
- Complaint against Dikshit sent to higher court - Jul 05, 2012
- CWG graft plea against Dikshit with CBI, police tell court - Jan 30, 2012
- CWG graft: Hearing against Dikshit deferred - Jun 01, 2012
- Delhi High Court directs DDA to take encroached land back - May 02, 2012
- 2G: Court seeks report on plea against PM - Aug 16, 2012
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Probe bribe-giving case against officials: Court - Sep 03, 2012
- Cabinet clears Whistleblowers protection Bill (Lead) - Aug 09, 2010
- Court notice to police officers in CWG case - Aug 31, 2012
- RTI activist assaulted in Bihar - Apr 05, 2012
- RTI activist alleges sabotage in Mantralaya fire - Jun 22, 2012
- Jharkhand assembly speaker sentenced to one-month jail - May 16, 2012
Tags: breach of trust, complainant, constituency, corrupt practices, criminal breach of trust, delhi congress, delhi court, government land, government property, karan singh, legislator, magistrate, mishra, mla, model town, personal secretary, rupees, union government, vivek, worth crores