RSS, Digvijay trade barbs over photographJanuary 6th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 5 (IANS) The Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) and Congress leader Digvijay Singh Thursday traded barbs over a photograph showing him sharing the dais with RSS leaders.
While the RSS accused Singh of practicing “vote-bank and communal” politics, the Congress general secretary hit back, saying the Sangh should explain whether it ever praised him as it had done Anna Hazare in a recent book published by it.
“This recent expose of the photograph is the reaffirmation of the age old communal politics that Congress has been indulging in right from the beginning,” RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav told reporters.
Digvijay Singh however thanked the RSS and BJP for “doing the research”.
“This Virat Hindu Sammelan was called by Kanchi seer Shankaracharyaji and I had gone in that conference with the permission of Congress leadership,” he said.
- Hazare could be BJP's presidential candidate: Congress - Oct 09, 2011
- Congress communalising war against terror: BJP - Jul 18, 2011
- Congress links Anna with RSS; 'Lost its mind', BJP retorts (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- RSS activists protest against Centre's terror outfits' remarks - Nov 10, 2010
- PM assures Anna, Digvijay attacks him (Intro Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- RSS a school of patriotism, says BJP - Oct 11, 2011
- Your supporters misleading you, Digvijay tells Anna (Roundup) - Oct 11, 2011
- Digvijay targets Sri Sri, renews attack on RSS-BJP - Oct 27, 2011
- Team Anna slams Congress for linking Hazare to RSS (Second Lead) - Dec 26, 2011
- Digvijay Singh is ill: BJP - Oct 12, 2011
- Congress has lost its mind: BJP - Dec 25, 2011
- Digvijay shoots off another letter to Hazare - Oct 12, 2011
- No difference between Congress and BJP, Anna tells Digvijay - Oct 14, 2011
- Ravi Shankar's tour 'not political' - Oct 31, 2011
- Anna set for fast, political class dubs him 'impatient' (Intro Roundup) - Dec 26, 2011
Tags: anna hazare, bjp, congress leader, congress leadership, dais, digvijay singh, general secretary, hindu, New Delhi, photograph, ram madhav, rashtriya swayamsewak sangh, reaffirmation, right from the beginning, seer, spokesperson, trade barbs, vote bank