Rs.7 mn missing from ATM van in DelhiFebruary 19th, 2008 - 8:22 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) Four employees of a security company, engaged in refilling automated teller machines (ATM) of national and international banks with cash, have been detained after they reported Rs.7 million missing from their custody, the police said Tuesday. Driver of the cash-carrying van Sanjeev and three other employees of Security Trans Indian identified as - Rajesh, Rajkumar and Harish - were taken into detention for questioning Monday afternoon after they reported a bag of cash was missing from their van.
The men in their complaint said they had parked their vehicle on G.T. Road in Model Town area of northwest Delhi and were having lunch inside the vehicle.
All of a sudden they realised that a bag was missing, and reported the matter to a nearby police station.
The police found their conduct suspicious, and detained all the four and immediately launched an investigation, said an official.
“They also told us that since morning they had refilled Rs.9 million into the ATM machines of the HDFC, Axis and the Bank of Karnataka. No case has been registered yet but we are probing their contentions,” said a senior police official.
The police official refused to divulge the total amount of cash the van was carrying.
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van - Mar 31, 2012
- Over Rs.1 crore stolen from Axis Bank ATMs in Allahabad - Jul 15, 2012
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fire - Aug 08, 2012
- Banks to be held responsible for fake notes in ATMs - Jan 27, 2012
- Bank robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh seized in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Rs.3 million looted in Bangalore day-light robbery - Jun 07, 2010
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- India's banking operations hit by nationwide staff strike (Roundup) - Aug 05, 2011
- ATM bombings continue unabated in South Africa - Jun 06, 2012
- Strike cripples banking operations in Karnataka - Aug 22, 2012
- Cash van robbery: Rs.63.5 lakh recovered from Uttar Pradesh - Feb 05, 2011
- IOB mulls new core banking solution on Oracle platform - May 05, 2012
- ATM frauds on the rise in Chandigarh - Nov 24, 2010