Rs.59 lakh looted from bank van in Uttar PradeshAugust 12th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 12 (IANS) In a daring heist, unidentified armed men Friday looted about Rs.59 lakh from a bank van delivering cash to ATMs after shooting at a security guard in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh, police said.
Three motorcycle borne attackers made away with the cash box of the Bank of Baroda’s Bhelupur branch while it was being taken to the bank’s ATMs in the nearby Jaunpur and Sant Ravidas Nagar districts.
“The security guard is being treated in a hospital, where his condition is stated to be critical,” Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of police Lalji Shukla told reporters in Varanasi.
“We are yet to trace the miscreants,” he said.
“We are probing the case. Several police teams have been pressed into service to arrest the attackers. We hope to crack the case soon.”
- Rs.20 lakh looted from Mumbai bank in armed heist - Oct 11, 2010
- ATM bombings continue unabated in South Africa - Jun 06, 2012
- Rs.3.2 mn looted in Punjab - Oct 04, 2010
- Driver flees with Rs.35 lakh cash in Gurgaon - Dec 21, 2010
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Rs.20 lakh looted from car showroom, guard murdered - Jan 17, 2011
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Brisk polling on in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010
- Robbery bid at Indian bank in Trinidad and Tobago - Jun 11, 2012
- Thieves slide out ATM on watermelon rinds! - Jan 11, 2012
- Coca Cola employee gunned down in Guwahati (Lead) - Aug 10, 2010
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011
- Man shot dead in Guwahati (Second Lead) - Aug 10, 2010
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: armed men, attackers, bank of baroda, deputy inspector general, heist, jaunpur, lakh, lucknow, miscreants, motorcycle, police teams, sant ravidas, security guard, shukla, uttar pradesh, varanasi