Rs.500,000 for those killed in blasts: ChavanJuly 14th, 2011 - 12:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 14 (IANS) Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Thursday announced compensation of Rs.500,000 for the kin of those killed in the serial blasts and Rs.50,000 for the injured.
“The Maharashtra government condoles the death of the 17 people who lost their lives. The cabinet has offered Rs.500,000 compensation to the family of the deceased and Rs.50,000 to the injured,” Chavan said in a joint press conference with Home Minister P. Chidambaram here.
“We are keeping a vigil on those injured in the hospitals. The cabinet will meet shortly,” he added.
Three blasts rocked central-to-south Mumbai Wednesday evening at Dadar, Zaveri Bazaar and Opera House. Chidambaram confirmed the number of dead at 17.
“We have also found one severed head that has to be identified. That will take the death toll to 18,” Chidambaram said.
He also said that 131 people who were injured were admitted to various hospitals. Of these, 26 were discharged, 82 are stable and 23 seriously injured.
- Key remarks by Chidambaram on Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Umbrella body of Indian Muslims condemns Mumbai attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Indonesia condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- No intelligence on Mumbai terror strikes that killed 17: Chidambaram - Jul 14, 2011
- Terror revisits Mumbai, 21 killed in serial blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- Shock and disappointment, but no tears at Mumbai hospital - Jul 14, 2011
- 11 CDs of CCTV footage being scanned: home secretary - Jul 15, 2011
- PM, Sonia arrive in Mumbai - Jul 14, 2011
- Mumbai blasts toll rises to 19 - Jul 16, 2011
- 99 percent terror attacks stopped: Rahul Gandhi (Lead) - Jul 14, 2011
- Warmth and worry in a Mumbai hospital's corridors - Jul 19, 2011
- Kerala assembly condemns Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- India's diamond markets shut over Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: chief minister, dadar, death toll, home minister, hospitals, joint press conference, july 14, maharashtra government, opera house, p chidambaram, rs 50, rs 500, serial blasts, south mumbai, three blasts, vigil, wednesday evening, zaveri bazaar