Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmerJune 30th, 2012 - 11:07 pm ICT by IANS
Jhajjar (Haryana), June 30 (IANS) A farmer carrying cash to deposit in a bank was waylaid and looted of Rs.40 lakh in Jhajjar district of Haryana Saturday, police said.
Satbir Singh, a resident of Bamdola village, was going to the UCO Bank branch in Dulina village when four unidentified men in a car intercepted him on the Jhajjar-Gurgaon road, 40 km from Delhi.
Police officials at Dulina said that the looters were carrying firearms. They snatched the bag carrying the cash and Satbir’s mobile phone and fled, a police spokesman said.
The farmer had got the money after selling his ancestral land.
“The four youths got down from the car and looted the cash and mobile phone from Satbir at gun-point. The looters sped away towards Gurgaon. Satbir rushed to the Dulina police post and lodged his complaint,” Jhajjar police spokesman Devendra Dangi told IANS.
- Seven held guilty for lynching five Dalits in Haryana - Aug 07, 2010
- Seven get life term for lynching Dalits in Haryana - Aug 09, 2010
- Cop's son kills mother - May 02, 2012
- Prison van attacked in Haryana, three dead - Mar 10, 2012
- Man kills wife, sister-in-law in Haryana - Jun 02, 2012
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- London rioters strip store shelves, target luxury brands - Aug 09, 2011
- Four held for stealing phones worth Rs.1 crore - Feb 12, 2011
- Wanted man lynched by mob near Gurgaon - Aug 20, 2012
- Assailants ambush police van, three prisoners killed (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Four held for Rs.3 mn heist in Haryana - Oct 09, 2010
- Two held for murdering NTPC engineer - Aug 12, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- Four teenagers held for 25 robberies, carjackings - Mar 04, 2010
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012