Rs.2.2 million compensation awarded to engineerApril 23rd, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, April 23 (IANS) A city court Wednesday awarded Rs.2.2 million compensation to an engineer who met with an accident near Gurgaon four years ago. Siddharth Jain, a mechanical engineer, met with an accident Nov 11, 2004 while he was going to his office in Gurgaon on his motorcycle. A truck hit him and sped away.
Jain was taken to a hospital. He suffered 40 percent disability due to which he lost his job.
“Keeping in mind the profession of the complainant, a compensation of Rs 2.2 million would meet the ends of justice,” ordered Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT) Judge Swarn Kanta.
The judge observed that since Jain was a bright student and had a bright career ahead of him he is entitled for compensation from the truck owner and the insurance company.
- Pay equal relief to disabled, normal victims in accident: Court - Jul 18, 2010
- 'Accident compensation also for loss of earnings, normal life' - Aug 26, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh awarded to road accident victim's family - May 27, 2011
- 11-year-old disabled girl gets Rs.8 lakh compensation - Jun 08, 2011
- Maid killed in accident, kin to get Rs. 9 lakh in damages - Sep 22, 2011
- Family of accident victim gets Rs.10 lakh compensation - Apr 21, 2011
- Truck runs over cop in Delhi - May 18, 2012
- Rs.6 lakh awarded to family of accident victim (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Rs.9 lakh relief for kin of woman killed in accident - May 31, 2011
- Family of accident victim gets Rs.6 lakh in compensation - Apr 29, 2011
- Insurance firms asked to make strict rules for Blueline buses - Jul 02, 2008
- Selling your vehicle? Get transfer documents right or face trouble - May 20, 2011
- Killed pilgrims' kin protest non-payment of compensation - Jun 28, 2012
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- Three students killed in accident - Jun 15, 2011