Rs.200,000 looted from bank in JharkhandOctober 16th, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 16 (IANS) Rs.200,000 was looted from a branch of Bank of India in Jharkhand Thursday, the police said. According to the police, three men barged into the bank situated in Galudih block of Seraikela-Kharsawan district Thursday morning, some 210 km from Ranchi.
The men locked the bank staff in a room at gun point and looted Rs.200,000 from the chest, the police said.
In May this year Rs.50 million and one kg OF gold was looted by Maoist rebels from the delivery van of ICICI Bank.
More than 50 bank robberies have taken place place in last seven years in the state.
- 130 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 04, 2012
- Rs.8.5 lakh looted from Jharkhand bank - Dec 21, 2010
- Bank looted in Jharkhand of Rs.7 lakh - Dec 28, 2010
- Rs.5 lakh looted from Jharkhand bank - Jul 23, 2010
- No breakthrough in Rs.7.6 million bank loot case - Oct 07, 2010
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- Robbers loot Rs.33 lakh from Jharkhand bank - Jun 19, 2009
- Rs.4 lakh looted from Jharkhand bank - May 21, 2010
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- Two Maoists held for Rs.5 crore heist - Jun 10, 2010
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Two Maoists wanted for Jharkhand ex-minister, cop's killings held - Jun 26, 2010
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010