Rs.20 mn robbery case solved, six arrestedAugust 25th, 2008 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) The east district police have arrested six persons and claimed to have solved a Rs.20-million robbery case.The incident took place Aug 13 when four persons barged into the office of Deepak Kansal at Mandawali, and at gunpoint robbed and fled with Rs.20 million.
The police have till now recovered over Rs.10 million and are expecting more recoveries.
During investigation, suspicion was raised over Raghu, a tea stall owner who was missing from the area. “3 people of the area were also missing after the incident. We searched for them at various places,” a police officer said.
“Two accused, Tara Singh and Raghu, were arrested Sunday from near a mall in east Delhi based on secret information,” the official added.
The police recovered Rs.2.9 million from Tara Singh and Rs.1.25 million from Raghu.
“On their disclosure, other accused Sushil and Rajan were also arrested and Rs.200,000 were recovered from their possession,” the police said.
The police further arrested two other accused, Nafees and Mahesh on information given by Raghu and Tara and recovered Rs.4.5 million from the possession of Nafees and Rs.1.35 million from Mahesh.
However, two of their associates are still absconding. The police are expecting to arrest them soon.
- Four held for dacoity - Jan 23, 2011
- Law student uploads woman's details on internet, held - May 12, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.93 lakh seized, four heldin Delhi - Jul 30, 2011
- 58-year-old man dies of food poisoning in Delhi - Apr 06, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Criminal wanted in 17 cases arrested - Mar 16, 2011
- Man held for aiding ISI agent get Indian passport - Jul 23, 2010
- 10 arrested for Rs.3 crore Delhi robbery - Aug 07, 2011
- Arms seized in Assam, three arrested - Mar 27, 2012
- Man dies of food poisoning in Delhi; 11 held (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Man dies of food poisoning in Delhi, 16 held (Second Lead) - Apr 07, 2011
- Elderly women's murder case solved, five arrested - Jul 26, 2012
- Two drug peddlers, supplier arrested in Delhi - Dec 25, 2010
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- 11 robbers held in Delhi - Apr 14, 2011