Rs.20 lakh looted from car showroom, guard murderedJanuary 17th, 2011 - 4:19 pm ICT by IANS
Panchkula (Haryana), Jan 17 (IANS) Some unidentified men looted nearly Rs.20 lakh in cash from a car showroom here after murdering a security guard on duty, police said Monday.The incident took place late Sunday but was discovered Monday morning when another security guard came to join his duty at the Berkeley car showroom in the industrial area.
Parshu Ram’s body was dumped in the boot of a car at the showroom.
“It seems that the attackers put chilly powder in the eyes of Parshu Ram before murdering him. However, the exact cause of death is unknown and it will become clear only after the post-mortem examination. According to the owners of the showroom, around Rs.15-20 lakh in cash is missing,” Panchkula Superintendent of Police Maneesh Chaudhary told reporters.
Neighbouring city Chandigarh was rocked last week when in a daring dacoity a gang of a dozen men dressed in police uniforms looted cash and jewellery worth over Rs.10 crore from a showroom. Eight people have been arrested from Delhi and Uttar Pradesh.
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- After heist, Chandigarh banks told to install police alarms - Jan 13, 2011
- Robbery at jewellery showroom in Ghaziabad - Mar 08, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Burglars loot 20 kg gold from jewellery shop - Jun 23, 2011
- Dacoity accused attempts suicide in lock-up - Jan 21, 2011
- Rs.59 lakh looted from bank van in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 12, 2011
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Highway heist in Ghaziabad - Aug 13, 2011
- Part of looted money recovered in Ranchi - Dec 31, 2011
- Rs.60 lakh worth of watches stolen from Mumbai showroom - Jun 29, 2010
- Trader looted of Rs.16 lakh - May 16, 2011
- Market complex owner, guard murdered - Aug 01, 2011