Rs.20 lakh burglary at contractor’s houseOctober 1st, 2011 - 12:28 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) Burglars looted Rs.20 lakh from the house of a Public Works Department contractor in east Delhi while he was away on a pilgrimage, police said Friday.
Sushil Gupta, 52, and his family had gone on a pilgrimage to Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir when the burglary took place at his Bharat Apartment flat in IP Extension neighbourhood.
The matter came to light around 5.30 a.m. Friday when the family returned home, police said.
Security guards and maids who work in the area were being questioned, police said.
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- Vaishno Devi Gurukul gets affiliated to Varanasi varsity - Sep 11, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Burglars loot 20 kg gold from jewellery shop - Jun 23, 2011
- After thefts, Ghaziabad area installs CCTVs - Jan 06, 2012
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Sreedharan on Vaishno Devi Board - Mar 27, 2012
- Chidambaram in Jammu, visits Vaishno Devi - Apr 10, 2012
- Tourism can boost Kashmir's economic development: Omar - Dec 31, 2011
- Record 10 million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi shrine (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- Kashmir had record 12 million tourists - Dec 31, 2011
- Vaishno Devi shrine has record 10 million pilgrims - Dec 28, 2011