Rs.2 million seized from traderMay 5th, 2008 - 7:43 pm ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, May 5 (IANS) Armed men drove off with a sugar trader in his car here Monday and escaped after snatching Rs.2 million from him. But one of the criminals was caught after failing to board the getaway car. The police said they traced the trader, Ram Prakash Goel, and his hijacked car on GT Road. He appeared unharmed.
According to Superintendent of Police Vijay Bhushan, Goel, the sugar trader from Simbhaoli, his son Piyush, partner Sanjiv Sharma and driver Kulbir were heading to New Delhi.
He had Rs.2 million with him. At 11.00 a.m., on National Highway 24, four criminals in an Esteem car overtook the trader’s Alto car and abducted him after seizing his car. They pushed out the other occupants.
After covering over 15 km, the trader was looted and dumped with his car.
When the criminals abducted the trader, one of the accomplices failed to board the car and was promptly caught by the trader’s driver. He revealed the identities of the men involved in the crime.
- Ghaziabad chain snatcher shoots himself while fleeing - Mar 18, 2012
- Haryana minister not new to controversy - Aug 05, 2012
- Professor critically wounded in Ghaziabad - Aug 21, 2012
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- Executive, accountant found murdered - Aug 21, 2011
- Three Hindu traders abducted in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2012
- One injured in accident with Brunei embassy car - Mar 23, 2012
- Murdered Ghaziabad jeweller's phone record being examined - Oct 24, 2010
- Hindu trader kidnapped in Pakistan - Feb 13, 2012
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Meghalaya rebels free traders, official untraced - Dec 02, 2011
- One held for Delhi road rage shooting - Sep 01, 2011
- Police officer shot, critical - Aug 25, 2010
- Ghaziabad jeweller's murder case transferred to STF - Oct 27, 2010
- India's Sailesh second on debut at British GT championship - Apr 09, 2012