Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about IM mastermindDecember 1st, 2011 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 1 (IANS) After busting what they termed a major module of the homegrown Indian Mujahideen terror outfit with the arrest of six of its activists, including a Pakistani national, the Delhi Police Thursday announced a Rs.15 lakh reward for clues about the module’s kingpin — Ahmad Siddi Bappa alias Shahrukh.
“A reward of Rs.15 lakh has been announced for any clues about the mastermind of the terror outfit. Bappa is wanted in a blast case of Delhi apart from cases in other states,” said a senior police officer. Bappa is untraced and on the run.
Bappa has several aliases, including Shahrukh, Yasin Ahmed and Imran. He hails from the coastal Karnataka town of Bhatkal and was out of the country for nearly two years prior to 2007. He is also referred to as Yasin Bhatkal.
Bappa’s name first found mention after the September 2008 Delhi blasts, in which he is learnt to have used the alias of Shahrukh.
The IM’s suspected six activists, including a Pakistani national, were arrested recently from various states for alleged involvement in three attacks in 2010 — the Feb 13 Pune German Bakery blast, April 17 Chinnaswami Stadium blasts in Bangalore, and the Sep 19 Jama Masjid shooting and blast.
Two AK-47 assault rifles, a pistol and some explosives have been seized from the arrested Indian Mujahideen suspects.
Mohammed Qateel Siddiqi, 27, of Darbhanga in Bihar was arrested in the capital Nov 22.
Siddiqi’s interrogation led the police to arrest Gauhar Aziz Khomani, 31, also of Darbhanga, from Delhi Nov 23.
Searches were then conducted in Bihar’s Madhubani district that led to the arrests of Gayur Ahmad Jamali, 21, and Mohammed Adhil alias Ajmal, 40, of Karachi in Pakistan. The Pakistani national was residing in Madhubani, police said. He came to India in August last year.
Two more members of the outfit, Mohammed Irshad Khan, 52, and Abdur Rahman, 19, were arrested on Nov 27 from Chennai.
It was Bappa who brought the members of the outfit, who have now been arrested, together and planned the three attacks.
- Six Indian Mujahideen suspects held for terror attacks - Nov 30, 2011
- Indian Mujahideen targeting Darbhanga for recruits? - Apr 03, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen member arrested from Bihar - Feb 22, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen member arrested from Bihar (Second Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen member arrested from Bihar (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- Another Indian Mujahideen member held, say Delhi Police - Feb 07, 2012
- Indian Mujahideen suspect arrested in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 28, 2012
- Mumbai police claim cracking 13/7 blasts; centre baffled (Second Lead) - Jan 24, 2012
- Jama Masjid blast: Judicial custody of six accused extended - Jan 05, 2012
- 13/7 Mumbai blasts case cracked, three suspects held (Lead) - Jan 23, 2012
- Delhi blast: NIA wants to quiz terror suspects - May 08, 2012
- Better coordination was possible in Mumbai terror probe: Chidambaram - Jan 31, 2012
- Don't link Bihar with 13/7 terrorists: Nitish Kumar - Jan 24, 2012
- Delhi Police files charge sheet against 11 IM suspects - May 23, 2012
- 26/11 plotter Jundal abandoned family for terrorism - Jul 08, 2012
Tags: abdur rahman, ahmad, ak 47, assault rifles, bappa, bhatkal, darbhanga, delhi blasts, delhi police, homegrown, irshad khan, jamali, kingpin, madhubani district, mastermind, membe, mujahideen, siddi, siddiqi, some explosives