Rs.1.2 mn robbery at Ghaziabad bankMay 22nd, 2009 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, May 22 (IANS) Three armed robbers looted Rs.1.2 million (Rs.12 lakh) from a bank here Friday afternoon, police said.
According to the police, the robbers came on two motorcycles at 3.00 p.m. While one man covered the security guard, two of his accomplices barged into the bank and snatched the currency-chest containing cash from the cashier.
“The bank officials revealed that the chest contained about Rs.1.2 million but the amount could be higher since an inventory of loss is yet being prepared,” district police chief Akhil Kumar said.
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Robbers loot Rs.600,000 from Ghaziabad bank (Lead) - May 22, 2009
- Rs 2.17 lakh looted from SBI branch in Dhanbad - Oct 12, 2010
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gold worth Rs.one crore looted - Oct 30, 2010
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Agra bank looted of Rs.11 lakh - Mar 23, 2012
- Robbers loot Rs.1 million - Jan 12, 2012
- Dacoits loot gold worth over Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Armed robbers loot Rs.20 lakh from Mumbai bank (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Over Rs.7 lakh looted in Ghaziabad - Sep 16, 2010
- Company cashier looted of Rs.230,000 at gunpoint - Jan 04, 2010
- Rs.34 lakh looted in Greater Noida (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves money - Oct 03, 2011