Rs.10 mn-worth heroin seized in Nashik, four heldDecember 26th, 2008 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik, Dec 26 (IANS) Four people were arrested here for drug trafficking and heroin worth Rs.10 million in the foreign market was seized from their possession, the police said Friday.Based on specific information, the police sent a decoy customer to a local trader suspected to be a drug dealer to place an order for heroin, officials said.
“When the contraband arrived, we seized the drug and arrested four people Thursday,” Assistant Police Inspector Kiran Kabadi told IANS.
The four arrested are Umashankar Patidar, Sachin Choudhary, Raju Gaikwad and Baghelsing Gill.
“The banned drug had been brought from Madhya Pradesh,” Kabadi said.
“It is for the first time that such a substantial quantity of heroin has been seized in Nashik,” Kabadi said.
- Chinese police bust drug ring - Jun 28, 2012
- Drugs worth Rs.5 crore seized in Bengal - Feb 05, 2012
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Drugs worth Rs.1 crore seized - Dec 17, 2010
- Drug trafficker held - Mar 30, 2011
- 10 kg heroin seized in Punjab, 3 held - Feb 02, 2011
- Pakistani executed for drug trafficking - Apr 04, 2012
- Eight arrested in Chandigarh with fake heroin - Aug 26, 2011
- 10 held, 400 kg drugs seized in Turkey - Jun 09, 2010
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Four held, drugs worth Rs.1.39 crore seized - Oct 08, 2011
- One gets 10 years jail for peddling drugs - Sep 14, 2012
- Heroin seizures in Delhi up three times over 2010 - Jul 02, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Man held with 50 kg of drugs in Abu Dhabi - Jan 10, 2011