Rs.10 crore allocated for education in Haryana’s MewatJune 19th, 2010 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 19 (IANS) In a major thrust for education in Haryana’s Mewat region, Rs.10.65 crore is to be spent for the development of the sector during the current financial year, an official said Saturday.
The allocation has been made by the Mewat Development Board from its total budget of Rs.18 crore for the current year, the official said.
“The board has approved the setting up of an institute of hotel management and schools of science and mathematics in Mewat. All the villages of this district with a population of 800 would get anganwari centres (village-level social service centres) to take care of poor children,” the official spokesperson of the board said.
“This year, we have got Rs.71 lakh more as compared to 2009-10. In the current financial year, Rs. 10.65 crore would be incurred for promotion of education, Rs. 1.50 crore on community works, Rs. 1 crore each on agriculture and industrial training, Rs. 75 lakh on health and Rs. 80 lakh on community health. This budget allocation is in addition to the other state and central schemes being implemented in the area,” he added.
Besides, the Haryana government also plans to open new medical and engineering colleges in the Mewat region.
“Union ministry of minority affairs has also allocated Rs.34.2 crore for Mewat district. This amount will be spent on the construction of five girls’ hostels, 60 new classrooms, computer and science laboratories in six schools and a girls’ residential school at Khanpur Ghati,” the spokesperson said.
- Education gets 24 percent hike (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Germany gives Rs.10 lakh for girl child education - Apr 20, 2011
- Education gets 24 percent hike in budget allocation - Feb 28, 2011
- Chandigarh cheers budget bounty - Feb 28, 2011
- Himachal to be free of open defecation by next month - Jul 24, 2011
- Highlights of Union Budget 2011-12 (Part-V) - Feb 28, 2011
- Bengal proposes 11.6 percent rise in plan outlay - Mar 23, 2012
- Budget: Minority girl students to get free cycles - Mar 16, 2012
- Mayawati allocates Rs.50 crore for her security, home - Aug 09, 2011
- Meagre increase in India's space budget - Mar 16, 2012
- Delhi CM Dikshit to present annual budget tomorrow - Mar 21, 2011
- Parliamentarians' development fund hiked to Rs.5 crore - Jul 07, 2011
- Budgetary boost to space research, atomic energy (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Haryana to disallow liquor vends near schools, hospitals - Feb 20, 2012
- Allocations for space, atomic power departments hiked - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: 1 crore, agriculture, budget allocation, chandigarh, community health, engineering colleges, haryana government, hostels, hotel management, lakh, mathematics, mewat, minority affairs, population, residential school, science laboratories, six schools, spokesperson, thrust, union ministry