Rs.1 mn robbed in daylight heistMay 16th, 2008 - 12:03 am ICT by admin
Ghaziabad, May 15 (IANS) In a daring daylight robbery, five armed dacoits looted cash and jewellery worth over Rs.1 million from the house of a leading industrialist here Thursday. The incident occurred in Raj Nagar locality of Ghaziabad, a suburb of national capital Delhi.
According to the family, the five unidentified men barged into the house around 2.00 p.m. when the maid arrived for work and left the main gate open. The men overpowered the maid and pinned her down by tying her arms.
The robbers then at gunpoint looted the cash and jewellery from the house owner’s wife.
The house owner, Yogendra Garg, runs a chemincal factory - Hyporatives Chemicals Ltd - in Ghaziabad.
City police chief Vijay Bhusan said efforts are being made to nab the criminals.
- Villagers lynch two dacoits - Jul 26, 2011
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- Rs.15 lakh robbery in Ghaziabad jewellery shop - Feb 08, 2010
- Robbers loot over Rs.4 lakhs in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2010
- Rs.15 lakh robbed from Noida home - Apr 14, 2012
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Dacoits loot Ghaziabad doctor's house - Dec 14, 2010
- Gold worth Rs.one crore looted - Oct 30, 2010
- Cash, jewellery looted from industrialist's house in Ghaziabad - Jul 16, 2010
- Dacoits loot gold worth over Rs.1 crore (Lead) - Oct 30, 2010
- Cash, jewellery robbed from Noida house at gunpoint - Jun 03, 2010
- Robbers kill soldier, relative - May 24, 2012
- Rs.20 lakh robbery in Ghaziabad - May 15, 2010