Rs.1 mn reward for police for solving J. Dey murderJune 27th, 2011 - 7:03 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 27 (IANS) The Maharashtra government Monday announced a cash reward of Rs.1 million for the Mumbai police Crime Branch team which solved the murder case of journalist Jyotirmoy Dey.
Home Minister R.R. Patil said that the police worked very hard to crack the case since Dey was gunned down June 11.
“The police spared no efforts in tracking down Dey’s killers and have done a highly commendable job,” Patil told mediapersons at his office Monday afternoon.
Paying rich compliments to the police, Patil said the home department would give a cash award of Rs.1 million to the Crime Branch team which managed to solve the murder case.
After encountering several blanks in the past 17 days, the Mumbai police finally succeeded Sunday night in solving Dey’s killing by nabbing seven persons in connection with the murder.
Police have said that they belong to the Chhota Rajan gang, which is believed to have masterminded the killing.
However, the motive behind the killing still eludes the investigators, police said.
Working as Editor (Special Investigations) with city tabloid Mid Day, Dey was shot near his residence in Powai, north-east Mumbai, June 11, sending shockwaves among the media fraternity all over the country.
- Mumbai scribe's killers left no clue: Home minister - Jun 17, 2011
- Chavan reviews probe into journalist's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Factfile on J. Dey murder case - Jun 27, 2011
- Dey killing: Woman scribe remanded in police custody - Nov 25, 2011
- Global alert likely to trace don Chhota Rajan - Aug 01, 2011
- J. Dey murder: high court says no to CBI probe - Jul 18, 2011
- Eighth suspect nabbed in journalist J. Dey's murder - Jul 03, 2011
- Slain journalist cremated in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended - Jan 03, 2012
- Chavan rules out CBI probe, media threaten stir on scribe killing - Jun 13, 2011
- 'Dey silenced as he was to expose match fixing in IPL' - Jul 25, 2012
- Scribe's murder: Lawyer moves high court for CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Woman scribe arrested for Dey killing (Night Lead) - Nov 25, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora's custody extended till Jan 3 - Dec 20, 2011
- Mumbai police on verge of cracking J. Dey murder case - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: cash reward, chhota rajan, commendable job, crime branch, dey, fraternity, home minister, investigators, june 27, killers, maharashtra government, mid day, monday afternoon, mumbai police, murder case, police crime, powai, seven persons, shockwaves, special investigations