Rs.1 mn reduced to ashes in Chennai ATM fire

May 7th, 2008 - 1:25 am ICT by admin  

Chennai, May 6 (IANS) At least Rs.1 million in cash went up in flames when the ATM machine of a private bank caught fire due to a short circuit here Tuesday evening. The fire occurred at the ATM of the Axis Bank in Avadi, a north western suburb.

“Two fire tenders doused the flames in about 30 minutes. But we fear at least Rs.1 million may have been lost in the flames,” an official of Axis Bank told IANS on condition of anonymity.

A fire official said that short circuit could be the reason for the blaze.

A case has been registered.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |