R.R. Patil declines party postDecember 7th, 2008 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 7 (IANS) Former Maharashtra deputy chief minister R.R. Patil, who was tipped to be state unit president of the National Congress Party (NCP) after he stepped down last week, has declined the post, party sources said Sunday. Patil, who was also the state home minister before he resigned in the wake of the Mumbai terror attack Nov 26 that killed at least 172 people, has instead preferred to take a break.
The former minister told NCP president Sharad Pawar that he would like to have a break till after the forthcoming state assembly elections, Patil’s close aide told IANS.
Patil, who has earlier held this post, was considered for it again as the incumbent state unit chief Arun Gujarati is likely to be inducted in the new cabinet as finance minister in place of Jayant Patil, who is likely to be given the home portfolio.
- 13/7, scribe's murder set to rock Maharashtra assembly - Jul 24, 2011
- Prithviraj Chavan sworn in Maharashtra chief minister (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Congress, NCP bicker in Maharashtra; Sena for central rule - Feb 01, 2012
- Ajit Pawar to be new Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Cops to probe corruption charges against Maharashtra minister - Jul 13, 2012
- Bal Thackeray blasts Sharad Pawar for 'kids' comment - May 07, 2011
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Improve intelligence to thwart blasts: Pawar - Aug 04, 2012
- State cabinet ministers swearing-in Thursday - Nov 17, 2010
- Swearing in of Maharashtra ministers postponed to Friday - Nov 18, 2010
- High voltage Maharashtra municipal poll campaign ends - Feb 14, 2012
- I'm a ruffian in politics: Ajit Pawar - Feb 20, 2011
- NCP atacks Congress over MSC Bank imbroglio - May 13, 2011
- NCP's Bhujbal is Maharashtra deputy chief minister again - Oct 26, 2009
- Madhukar Pichhad is new Maharashtra NCP chief - Dec 07, 2009