Row over rent leads tenant to kill house-owner’s familyJune 24th, 2009 - 5:02 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 24 (IANS) Four members of a Dalit family were found dead in a village in Uttar Pradesh’s Hardoi district Wednesday. Police said they have been killed.
“All the four have been strangulated,” Superintendent of Police Navneet Rana told IANS on telephone.
They were found dead Wednesday inside their house in Sandi town of Hardoi, 110 km from state capital Lucknow.
Though the exact reason behind the killings is yet to be ascertained, police believe a tenant of the house killed the family.
“From the locals we have learnt that a young man named Vijay Pratap was living as a tenant in the house for the last two years. Pratap had heated arguments with the family Tuesday over the issue of payment of rent,” said Rana.
Rana said raids are being carried out to nab Pratap, who is now missing.
- Houseowner's family killed in rent row - Jun 25, 2009
- Three Dalit youths found murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2011
- Four of family found murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 22, 2011
- Three awarded death penalty for killing five of family - Feb 12, 2011
- 5 killed in Uttar Pradesh cracker blasts - Apr 23, 2012
- 85-year-old raped in Uttar Pradesh - Sep 07, 2010
- Two women, teen murdered in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 09, 2010
- Missing Lucknow student found murdered - Dec 30, 2010
- Vice principal shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 15, 2010
- Angry 12-year-old kills younger brother - Jun 03, 2010
- Five members of a family killed in Uttar Pradesh - May 31, 2009
- Student shoots himself after parents' scolding - Mar 28, 2011
- Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 22, 2010
- Official shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 19, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012