Row in Haryana assembly over Bhajan Lal obituaryAugust 19th, 2011 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 19 (IANS) The obituary reference for former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal led to a controversy inside the state assembly Friday when his legislator son objected to a wrong reference.
Haryana Janhit Congress (HJC) legislator Kuldip Bishnoi objected to Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda’s obituary reference in which he said that Bhajan Lal was an eight time legislator.
“This (Hooda) government has been misleading people outside and inside the assembly. Bhajan Lal was a nine-time legislator. The chief minister has stated wrong facts,” Bishnoi said.
Following Bishnoi’s objections, a verbal clash ensued with ruling Congress benches.
Assembly speaker Kuldeep Sharma had to intervene saying that controversy should be kept aside from obituary references. He directed that the correct facts be recorded.
Bhajan Lal, who served twice as Haryana chief minister and was union minister for agriculture and environment and forests, died June 3, 2011.
- Bypolls for two Haryana assembly seats Nov 30 - Nov 01, 2011
- All eyes on Hisar - to fill Bhajan Lal's shoes - Sep 11, 2011
- After Hisar defeat, uphill task for Hooda in by-polls - Nov 07, 2011
- Haryana bypolls campaigning ends, voting Wednesday - Nov 28, 2011
- Bishnoi resigns from Haryana assembly - Oct 24, 2011
- Namesakes seek to confuse pitch in Haryana by-poll - Oct 05, 2011
- Supreme Court breather for five Haryana legislators (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Former Haryana chief minister Bhajan Lal is dead (Second Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- End of Lal era in Haryana politics - Jun 04, 2011
- In Hisar, roadroller almost crushed Bishnoi's tractor - Nov 06, 2011
- King of defections who got dose of his own medicine (Obituary) - Jun 03, 2011
- Defector Haryana lawmakers want disqualification petition dismissed - Nov 10, 2011
- Hisar bypoll: Hooda has lot at stake - Sep 25, 2011
- Nearly 79 percent polling in Haryana bypolls - Nov 30, 2011
- Counting begins in Haryana assembly bypoll seats - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: assembly speaker, benches, bhajan lal, bhupinder singh hooda, bishnoi, chandigarh, chief minister, clash, congress, controversy, forests, hjc, june 3, kuldeep, kuldip, obituary, objections, state assembly, time legislator, union minister