Rourkela Steel records highest ever December productionJanuary 3rd, 2012 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, Jan 3 (IANS) Rourkela Steel Plant, a unit of the state-run Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Tuesday said it registered the highest ever hot metal and crude steel production in December last.
The steel plant at Rourkela in Odisha, about 514 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, produced 208,012 tonnes of hot metal and 196,027 tonnes of crude steel during the month, which is the best ever for any month since its inception.
During the month, the blast furnaces made 7,376 tonnes of hot metal Dec 20 thereby creating a new record for any single day, and quickly broke it Dec 25 by producing 7,388 tonnes of hot metal.
Similarly the highest ever production of crude steel for any single day of 7,326 tonnes was registered Dec 20, the company said in a statement.
Indo-Asian News Service
- Rourkela Steel records best January production - Feb 02, 2012
- Record single day production at RSP - Feb 13, 2012
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1 - Jul 02, 2012
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever production - Aug 01, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best ever November production - Dec 02, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- Production at SAIL's Bhilai Steel Plant dips - Apr 10, 2012
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- Upgraded blast furnace of Bokaro Steel Plant inaugurated - Jul 20, 2010
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- 8 fall ill after gas leak at Orissa steel plant - Jan 03, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Six injured in blast at Orissa steel plant - Jan 11, 2010
Tags: asian news, blast furnaces, crude steel production, dec 25, hot metal, inception, indo, jd, news service, odisha, rourkela, single day, srj, steel authority of india limited, steel plant, tonnes