Roma’s Lamela banned for spittingApril 24th, 2012 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Rome, April 24 (IANS) AS Roma player Erik Lamela received a three-match suspension after a spitting accident during Sunday’s Italian Serie A football match at Turin.
The Argentine midfielder spat at Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner after the Swiss international had taunted him towards the end of a game that Roma lost 0-4, Xinhua reported.
Lamela will miss the matches against Fiorentina, Napoli and Chievo, and will only be available for the capital club’s final two league games of the season.
- Buffon saves Totti's penalty to extend Juventus' unbeaten streak - Dec 13, 2011
- Juventus kick-off season with win - Aug 26, 2012
- Juventus crush Udinese, Roma beat Inter - Sep 03, 2012
- Juventus back on top of Serie A with win over Cesena - Dec 05, 2011
- Ibrahimovic to miss Juventus clash after three-match ban - Feb 07, 2012
- Euro 2012: Police raid casts shadow on Italian team's fate - Jun 03, 2012
- Roma striker Osvaldo to be suspended for punching teammate - Nov 28, 2011
- Juventus beat Atalanta to lead midway in Serie A - Jan 22, 2012
- Lippi's list of 23 Azzurri ready for World Cup - Jun 02, 2010
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Roma draw level with AC Milan in second place - Feb 01, 2010
- AC Milan back to top with win over Cesena - Feb 20, 2012
- Milan sure Ibra could play against Juve - Feb 06, 2012
- AC Milan maintain Serie A lead with win over Atalanta - Jan 09, 2012
- Napoli beat Juventus to win Italian Cup - May 21, 2012