Rohit Bal for Rahman at the Oscars? Or LanvinFebruary 21st, 2009 - 11:28 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 21 (IANS) Will he, won’t he? The buzz around whether music maestro A.R. Rahman will flaunt an outfit by Rohit Bal or another designer at the Oscar ceremonies is gaining momentum as Bal reveals that the chances of Rahman wearing his outfit seem slim.
Rahman is the first Indian to get three Oscar nominations for his score in British filmmaker Danny Boyle’s “Slumdog Millionaire”, a rags-to-riches story set in India, which was also nominated for seven other categories including best film and best director.
Rahman has been nominated for best original score and also for the best original song for the numbers ‘Jai Ho’ and ‘O Saya’ respectively.
“He will now be wearing some other outfit. I think it is Lanvin,” Bal told IANS.
Lanvin is a French brand and if Rahman chooses to wear it, he might be seen in a tuxedo and not in Indian attire unlike at the Oscar luncheon and at the BAFTA awards where he wore a midnight blue sherwani and a bandhgala respectively.
Even his stylist Vijayeta Kumar has made it clear that he is opting for a suit because of the strict dress code at the Oscars.
According to him, Rahman has zeroed in on two outfits for each of the parties - the Oscars and the post-awards party by Vanity Fair.
Earlier there were speculations that Rahman had selected a tapered bandhgala and slim pants in black by Rohit Bal for the grand red carpet event.
- Rahman loses BAFTA - Feb 14, 2011
- When it comes to dressing, Rahman trusts his wife: Vijayeta Kumar (Interview) - Feb 23, 2009
- Rahman loses Oscar for '127 Hours' original score - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman in Oscar run again with two nominations for '127 Hours' - Jan 25, 2011
- 'The King's Speech' sweeps BAFTA, Rahman loses (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- Bollywood wishes Rahman luck for Oscars - Feb 22, 2011
- India-born Tariq Anwar misses Oscar for best editing - Feb 28, 2011
- Rahman loses out at Oscars, Indians disappointed (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- A.R Rahman Nominated For The 83rd Annual Academy Awards Twice - Jan 26, 2011
- Abhi-Ash, Malaika dazzle on Oscar red carpet - Feb 28, 2011
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- A.R.Rahman Fails To Be Second Time Lucky At Golden Globes! - Jan 17, 2011
- Double loss for Rahman - loses Oscar for original song too - Feb 28, 2011