Robinho insists he is happy at CityJanuary 21st, 2009 - 3:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 21 (DPA) Brazilian forward Robinho insisted that he is happy at Manchester City, despite leaving their Tenerife training camp.There had been suggestions of a bust up with club officials following the breakdown of talks to sign his compatriot Kaka from AC Milan.
But Robinho insisted he had received permission to leave.
“I had made Manchester City aware that I needed to return to Brazil because of a family matter,” he told the BBC.
“I will return to the club and hope to sort this out as soon as possible.
“I feel it is important to underline that I did not return to Brazil because of the Kaka deal.
“He is one of my good friends and it would have been great to see him at Manchester City - but it had nothing to do with his decision to stay in Milan.
“I am committed to helping Manchester City become the force the owners assured me they will become.”
Meanwhile City executive chairman accused Milan of having “bottled” the deal.
“We had gone through a three or four-stage process in which Milan made it quite clear Kaka was for sale and we made it clear we intended to bring him to Manchester City,” he told Radio Five Live.
“As we got to the next stage there were questions they could not answer and I think the political and public pressure made them change their conditions.
“We never even met the player. We met his representative, his father, but we had discussed commercial terms only.”
- AC Milan's Robinho plays down home return - May 07, 2012
- Robinho plays down return to Santos - May 05, 2012
- AC Milan in talks with Man City to get Robinho - Aug 31, 2010
- Kaka accuses Manchester City of being clueless and confused - Jan 22, 2009
- Robinho has lost faith in Manchester City ability to deliver - Jan 21, 2009
- Brazilian club Santos keen to re-sign Robinho - Apr 14, 2012
- Kaka on Galaxy radar to replace Beckham - Aug 18, 2012
- Brazil coach Menezes vows to win 2014 World Cup - Apr 09, 2012
- Ronaldinho in Brazil squad, Kaka out - Feb 15, 2012
- Kaka's father in talks with AC Milan - Jun 25, 2012
- Man City never big enough to bid for me: Kaka - Jun 28, 2009
- Manchester City's Robinho seeks Santos stay - Aug 06, 2010
- City striker Robinho loaned to Santos for six months - Jan 29, 2010
- Robinho fined 320,000 pounds for skipping Manchester City training schedule - Jan 21, 2009
- Robinho decides to quit Manchester City to rejoin Santos - Jan 25, 2010