Robbing to watch movies, four heldMarch 28th, 2011 - 9:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) They loved to watch movies in the comfort of multiplexes, but didn’t have money for it. So they would rob people to fuel their passion. But luck ran out for four minors in capital when they were arrested for trying to rob an ice-cream seller of Rs.3,000, police said Monday.
“They were held from Madhu Vihar in south Delhi Sunday while they were trying to flee after robbing an ice-cream seller of Rs.3,000,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police A.K. Jha. All four are school dropouts.
They were nabbed when the ice-cream seller, who was bashed up and robbed, raised an alarm and his relatives rushed to help him. “They chased the boys and grabbed them,” said Jha.
The accused belong to poor families and were unable to afford watching movies at multiplexes. In order to meet their expenses, they resorted to crime.
–Indo-Asian New Service
- Man electrocuted in Delhi - May 22, 2011
- Swami Vivekananda was fond of dal, American ice-cream: New biography - Apr 04, 2011
- Phydough Initiates A 'Food Truck' For Dogs - Jan 07, 2011
- Ice cream manufacturers seek tax reduction - Jul 11, 2011
- Eight held in Delhi, Ghaziabad for Rs.10 crore Chandigarh heist (Lead) - Jan 16, 2011
- Immigration racket busted, three held in Delhi - Oct 23, 2011
- Five people arrested for robbery in Delhi - Jun 05, 2012
- Two people injured in political clashes in Kerala - Apr 11, 2011
- Man stabbed to death in Delhi - May 13, 2011
- Achuthanandan's fears unfounded in sex case probe: High court - Nov 23, 2011
- Ice cream shop in Florida confuses customers with its choice of mascot - Sep 28, 2011
- Three held for kidnapping boy for ransom - May 23, 2012
- Two pedestrians killed in east Delhi - Feb 20, 2012
- Pearson, Micromax launch e-learning toy for kids - Apr 03, 2012
- Kids don't want expensive pastime during holidays - Aug 17, 2012