Robbers snatch Rs.5 lakh, victim retrieves moneyOctober 3rd, 2011 - 8:27 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Oct 3 (IANS) A stamp paper vendor in Ghaziabad was Monday robbed of a bag containing Rs.5 lakh by two motorcycle-borne assailants, whom the victim chased and subsequently retrieved the money, police said.
Rajneesh Kumar, a vendor operating from tehsil compound in Ghaziabad Sadar, was attacked around 1 p.m. near Jain Temple in Kavi Nagar when he was on his way to the treasury to buy stamp papers.
After the assailants snatched the bag from him, Rajneesh Kumar followed them on his motorcycle.
He caught up with them at a railway crossing and succeeded in snatching his bag back, despite one of the robbers opening fire.
The stamp paper vendor also snatched a pistol from one of the robbers and took shelter in a police post.
The police have announced a reward of Rs.5,000 for the intrepid vendor.
“When I jumped from my moving motorcycle, one of the robbers opened fire at me but I won the battle as they had to flee,” said Rajneesh Kumar.
- Man robbed off Rs.4 lakh in Ghaziabad - Jul 21, 2011
- Rs.3 lakh snatched from woman in Ghaziabad - Jun 08, 2012
- Bike-borne men loot Rs.32 lakh - Apr 28, 2011
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Meat trader shot at in Ghaziabad - Aug 06, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Trader looted of Rs.8 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 28, 2011
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Tata Motors recovery agent shot, robbed - Oct 27, 2010
- Over Rs.7 lakh looted in Ghaziabad - Sep 16, 2010
- Company cashier looted of Rs.230,000 at gunpoint - Jan 04, 2010
- Firing in Delhi market, one killed (Lead) - Dec 19, 2009
- Salesman robbed of Rs.1.15 lakh in Ghaziabad - Mar 09, 2010