Robbers punch hole in bank’s wall, steal computerJanuary 23rd, 2011 - 11:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Robbers punched a hole in a bank’s wall and took away a computer and some documents in west Delhi early Sunday, police said. There was no guard or surveillance camera at the bank. The incident was reported from a branch of Syndicate Bank in Bharthal village in Dwarka. A villager noticed the hole in the bank’s wall in the morning and immediately informed police.
“The manager Dheeraj Jain was also informed. He came to the spot and opened the bank. We found a computer and some documents missing. But no cash was missing,” a senior police official said.
The robbers tried to open the lockers but could not do so, the official said.
Investigators suspect that some local criminals were involved in the incident. “We have detained some people and are questioning them,” the official said.
- Robbers break through bank wall, steal Rs.5 mn cash, gold - May 06, 2011
- Housewife shot at her house - Nov 09, 2011
- Gold worth Rs.1 crore robbed from Andhra Bank - May 12, 2010
- Major fire breaks out in bank, no casualty - Jun 24, 2011
- Man arrested for usurping NRI's property - May 22, 2011
- Security guard killed in Uttar Pradesh bank fire - May 09, 2011
- Five held for cheating finance company - Jan 31, 2012
- Three robbers lynched in UP village - Sep 06, 2012
- Woman accuses SBI officers of stealing jewellery from locker - May 10, 2011
- Chhattisgarh officer owns Rs.6 crore illegal property - Nov 26, 2011
- Robbers uproot ATM - Dec 24, 2011
- Cash, jewellery seized from Reddy kin's bank lockers, driver - Sep 17, 2011
- Rs.5 crore-worth assets seized from Madhya Pradesh sub-engineer - Dec 15, 2011
- Rs.7 lakh looted from bank in Jharkhand - Jun 14, 2012
- Rs.1 lakh snatched from 75-year-old - Jun 17, 2011