Robbers loot Rs.680,000 from Himachal bankMay 20th, 2009 - 10:32 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 20 (IANS) Four armed men Wednesday looted a bank in Himachal Pradesh’s Solan district, the police said.
“Four robbers entered a branch of the UCO Bank this noon and at gunpoint looted Rs.681,000 in the industrial township of Barotiwala in Solan district,” Deputy Inspector General Pardeep Kumar told IANS by phone.
He said the bank was not equipped with closed circuit television camera and burglar alarm.
This is the second bank robbery in the area. Earlier, Rs.75,000 was robbed from the branch of United Bank of India at Baddi, another industrial town near Barotiwala.
- Himachal invites private funds for food processing - Jun 12, 2012
- Rs.1.4 million looted from a bank in Chennai - Feb 20, 2012
- Bank looted in Jharkhand of Rs.7 lakh - Dec 28, 2010
- Himachal invites industrial investments for new estate - Jan 29, 2012
- Himachal's Baddi industrial area to have effluent plant - Nov 17, 2010
- Himachal sanctions Rs.20 crore for Solan industrial belt - Jun 12, 2011
- Rs.40 lakh looted from Haryana farmer - Jun 30, 2012
- Five robbers held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Himachal develops new industrial estate in Baddi - Nov 07, 2010
- Himachal to allow industries to get power from private project - Nov 19, 2011
- Rs.9 mn looted from Karachi bank - Apr 15, 2011
- Shutdown hits commercial life in Himachal (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Banks, insurance companies shut in Himachal - Feb 28, 2012
- Woman helps to rob bank in Pakistan - Nov 17, 2010
- Himachal gets capital investment subsidy - Jul 16, 2011