Robbers loot east Delhi family of Rs.2 mn at gunpointJuly 1st, 2008 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 1 (IANS) Five unidentified assailants Tuesday barged into a businessman’s home in east Delhi and robbed his family of cash and jewellery worth Rs.2 million at gunpoint, police said. Brandishing arms and knives, the assailants forced their way into Krishna Verma’s home in Shahdara at around 2.30 p.m. and tied up his wife Raj Bala Verma and their two daughters. They also put a gun on Verma’s temple and tied him to a chair, police said.
The robbers escaped with Rs.1.5 million in cash and jewellery worth Rs.500,000, police added.
Police said Verma later managed to free himself and telephoned the police control room.
“The house was completely ransacked and the family was in a state of shock when we reached the house. The neighbours said they did not get the wind of the incident,” said an investigating officer.
“We have registered a case and teams are fanned out to nab the assailants,” the officer added.
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Cash, jewellery looted from industrialist's house in Ghaziabad - Jul 16, 2010
- Robbers loot over Rs.4 lakhs in Ghaziabad - Jun 07, 2010
- Jewellery shop looted in Ghaziabad - Feb 07, 2012
- Rs.52 lakh looted from home of Ghaziabad businessman - Jun 18, 2010
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Cash, jewellery robbed from Noida house at gunpoint - Jun 03, 2010
- Robbers pose as officials, rob doctor's kin - Sep 18, 2012
- Four locked flats robbed in Delhi - Jan 17, 2011
- Armed robbers who targeted brothels arrested - Feb 29, 2012
- Ghaziabad trader robbed at gunpoint - Aug 20, 2009
- Pakistan bank, phone shop robbed - Jul 20, 2012
- Two armed robberies in Delhi - Jun 17, 2011