Robbers kill 75-year-old woman in MeerutJanuary 18th, 2011 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Meerut, Jan 18 (IANS) Unidentified assailants brutally murdered the 75-year-old mother of a police officer at her home in a posh residential locality here. They attacked her when she resisted their looting, a police official said Tuesday.According to Meerut City Superintendent of Police Prabal Pratap Singh, the incident came to light late Monday night when Raj Devi’s daughter Sushma Chaudhary, police sub-inspector in Ghaziabad, called a neighbour in the Begam Bagh residential colony to know her mother’s well-being after Devi’s phone kept on ringing.
The neighbour sent his wife to check on Raj Devi, who found the old woman dead, lying in a pool of blood, he said.
Raj Devi used to live with Sushma in their F-7 MDA Apartment. For the last three days, Sushma was away in Rajastan, where her husband works in a bank.
It was her brother Anil, an engineer with Delhi Development Authority, who first called his mother Monday night and found the call going unattended, police said. He then called Sushma and asked her to contact the neighbour to check what had happened.
Hearing the news, Anil, Sushma and their other brother Sunil, a college lecturer in Saharanpur, rushed to Meerut after informing the nearest Lal Kurti police station.
“Sushma has also noted in her complaint that about 500 gm of gold ornaments and Rs.50,000 in cash were missing from the house. The investigation is progressing,” Singh added.
- Meerut realtor killed - Jun 17, 2011
- Husband agrees to treat wife as 'sister' - Jun 17, 2011
- Man kills mother, brother for money - Jun 29, 2012
- Woman 'sacrifices' stepson to bear child - Mar 03, 2011
- British mother jailed after son drowns in bathtub - Jul 31, 2012
- Kidnapped Delhi boy killed in Meerut, one held - Jan 18, 2011
- Samajwadi Party student leader kidnaps girl at gunpoint - Jan 24, 2011
- Two Korean women robbed at gun point in UP - Jan 18, 2011
- Trooper kills colleague, wife - Sep 24, 2011
- Murder convict arrested 10 years after jumping parole - Dec 20, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Salman cries, but no one takes him home - Sep 13, 2011
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Key accused in Gangandeep murder case arrested - Oct 10, 2009
- Two arrested for running IPL betting racket - May 21, 2011
Tags: bagh, college lecturer, delhi development authority, gold ornaments, kurti, lal, meerut, monday night, neighbour, old mother, old woman, police official, police station, pool of blood, pratap singh, rajastan, residential locality, robbers, rs 50, unidentified assailants