Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrestedJanuary 4th, 2011 - 1:41 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 3 (IANS) Two robbers who used to drive around in luxury cars with fitted police sirens and a red beacon while committing their crimes have been arrested,police said Monday.Vishal Sharma and Varun Kumar, both 25 years old, have been involved in 21 robbery cases and snatchings. They were arrested from the Mongolpuri area in outer Delhi Sunday.
“They used to drive a luxury car fitted with police siren and red beacon light to avoid checking. Then they used to park their car at the nearest metro station and pick up their motorcycle which was already parked there,” said Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer) Chhaya Sharma.
“Police have recovered Rs 22 lakh cash and other stolen articles, including two luxury cars, allegedly from the duo who built two houses worth crores of rupees in Haryana’s Sonepat town using the looted money. They are related to each others as their wives are sisters,” said a senior police official.
Two gold chains of 120 grams each, seven other chains and a stolen motorcycle were also recovered from them, police said.
The two were arrested while committing the crime.”The duo on motorcycle had snatched a chain from a woman. The police team chased the accused and nabbed him after a long chase,”
They usually targetted women in crowded and big markets in Pitampura, Rajouri Garden, and Paschim Vihar to snatch purses and chains.They also used to visit a jeweler in Patel Nagar to get the gold jewellery recycled of their own choice.
“They pretended to be property dealers, tour operators and financiers, close to politicians of Haryana. They indulged in regular gambling in the evening at their office in Sonepat,” Sharma said.
- Alert cops catch three auto-thieves - Jan 29, 2011
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Two held for vehicle thefts, snatchings - Jun 02, 2010
- Two arrested for attacking women with blades - Dec 06, 2010
- 15 booked for using red beacons on vehicles - Jan 06, 2011
- Gang of metal thieves busted - Oct 13, 2010
- Three arrested for stealing railway passenger's jewellery - Sep 17, 2010
- Chain snatcher shot dead in Noida, accomplice escapes - Jan 27, 2011
- Delhi's bike-borne chain snatchers - targeting the vulnerable - Mar 30, 2011
- Three vehicle thieves arrested - Feb 10, 2011
- Bike thieves pay dearly for not wearing helmets - Dec 21, 2010
- 39 held in Karachi for various crimes - Jul 21, 2012
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Six held for snatchings - Jan 08, 2011
- Budding engineers among seven held for robberies - Jan 05, 2011
Tags: beacon light, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, gold chains, lakh, luxury cars, metro station, outer delhi, patel nagar, police official, police siren, police sirens, police team, robbers, robbery cases, sonepat, stolen motorcycle, varun, vishal sharma, worth crores