Robbers break ATM, loot Rs.3.9 lakhsJanuary 21st, 2010 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 21 (IANS) Unidentified criminals cut an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) machine of Punjab National Bank on National Highway-24 at Pilkhuwa and decamped with Rs. 3.9 lakhs, police said Thursday.
The criminals barged into the ATM machine cabin, cut it by gas cutters and took away Rs.3.9 lakhs from the machine when a marriage function was taking place Wednesday night in a nearby wedding hall.
The machine’s upper portion was found lying far away from the rest of it. Some unaccounted currency notes were also found half burnt near the machine, police added.
Superintendent of Police Rural M.M. Begh said a case has been registered and police are trying to nab the criminals.
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fire - Aug 08, 2012
- Bank ATM tampered, Rs.64 lakh stolen - Dec 05, 2010
- Rs.22 lakh for Deutsche Bank ATM stolen in Noida - Jul 16, 2010
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- ATM frauds on the rise in Chandigarh - Nov 24, 2010
- ATM machine looted in Agra - Dec 06, 2009
- Rs.33 lakh looted from bank van (Lead, changing dateline) - Mar 31, 2012
- ATM with Rs.7.60 lakh hijacked in Pune - Jul 05, 2011
- Robbers take away the whole ATM - Aug 01, 2009
- Rs.23 lakh looted from Punjab bank - Oct 03, 2009
- Masked robbers loot over Rs.5 lakh in Kashmir - Aug 17, 2011
- ATM catches fire, Rs.3 lakh burnt - Jul 30, 2010
- Banks to be held responsible for fake notes in ATMs - Jan 27, 2012
- 'YouTube' inspired youth to take away ATM in Punjab - Aug 02, 2009
Tags: atm machine, automated teller machine, criminals, currency notes, cutters, decamped, jan 21, lakhs, loot, marriage, national bank, police said thursday, robbers, superintendent, upper portion, wedding hall, wednesday night