Roadways bus looted in GhaziabadMarch 28th, 2011 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 28 (IANS) A gang of five armed men looted a Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus in Ghaziabad district Sunday night, injuring the conductor and two passengers who resisted the robbery attempt, police said Monday.
The incident occurred in the bus plying between Hapur and Modinagar. The five robbers boarded the bus at Bhojpur as passengers, and as the bus was moving, targeted the conductor Manoj, snatching the bag containing the fare money and tickets. They stabbed him when he resisted.
The next were two passengers, who were robbed of their mobile phones and the cash they were carrying. Both were attacked when they resisted.
The robbers jumped out of the bus in the Modinagar area.
All three victims were admitted to hospital. Manoj was discharged after first aid while the condition of the two passengers was said to be stable.
The exact amount of loot could not be recorded since both the passengers were not in condition to reveal further details, nor had Manoj toted up the total receipts.
“The inventory is being prepared. The victims are being treated properly and the hunt is on to nab the robbers,” said Nirankar Singh, circle officer (Modinagar).
Till late Sunday night, the case could not be registered as the Bhojpur and Modinagar police stations argued over jurisdiction. It was finally registered in Bhojpur police station after the senior police officers intervened.
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Jewellery, cash looted in two Ghaziabad towns - Jul 10, 2010
- Two held for harassing women on train - Jul 03, 2011
- Armed dacoits rob bus passengers - Mar 14, 2012
- Three killed, five injured as bus ploughs into shelter (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- Robbers loot passengers on Mussoorie Express - Jan 16, 2010
- Train passengers robbed, assaulted in Bihar - Aug 06, 2010
- Thousands hit due to bus strike in Haryana (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Armed men loot, assault passengers on Pune-Patna train - Mar 11, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- UP cop hit by speeding bus, critical - Jun 25, 2012
- Youth thrown out of bus for Rs.5, dies - Feb 26, 2012
- Armed men loot, assault train passengers in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: armed men, bhojpur, conductor, first aid, gang of five, hapur, jurisdiction, loot, mobile phones, money, police officers, police station, police stations, receipts, roadways, robbers, robbery attempt, uttar pradesh