Road trip to Agra impresses F1 champ VettelOctober 27th, 2011 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Greater Noida, Oct 27 (IANS) For Formula One (F1) World Champion Sebastian Vettel, a road trip to Agra was more fascinating than the experience of seeing the majestic Taj Mahal.
Vettel visited Taj Mahal Wednesday and said he was overwhelmed with what he saw on the way to the monument of love.
“From whatever little I have seen, India seems like a warm country. There are so many people here. People are poor but they still look happy. The trip to Agra was a fun experience. It made me appreciate things that we take for granted in Europe,” said the champion.
Vettel, who won his second consecutive world title in Japan three weeks ago, said he was keen to win the remaining three races of the season and would like to see his Red Bull teammate Mark Webber finish second in the drivers’ standings. Webber is fourth at the moment.
“I am sitting comfortably at the top but there is stiff competition for the second and third spots. As a teammate, I would want to see Mark finishing second,” he said.
McLaren’s Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton are second and fourth, respectively, in the table.
- Don't want any favours from Vettel and Red Bull, says Webber - Oct 29, 2011
- Button will remain behind me in F-1 2011-12: Hamilton - Mar 22, 2011
- McLaren must bounce back in Germany: Prost - Jul 16, 2012
- Hamilton's title write-off just before start of F1 season - Mar 10, 2011
- German GP: Alonso zooms to second straight pole - Jul 21, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Japanese Grand Prix - Oct 10, 2010
- Hamilton charges to pole in Hungarian GP - Jul 28, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Malaysian Grand Prix - Apr 10, 2011
- Hamilton wins Chinese Grand Prix to end Vettel's winning streak - Apr 17, 2011
- Webber secures elusive win in Brazil, Force India end season on a high - Nov 28, 2011
- Rosberg sets pace in second practice at Bahrain GP - Apr 20, 2012
- Red Bull's Vettel wins Australian Grand Prix - Mar 27, 2011
- Hamilton eyes victories in Abu Dhabi, Brazil - Nov 06, 2011
- Canadian GP: Hamilton 7th different winner in 2012 - Jun 11, 2012
- Rosberg wins maiden F1 race in China, Force India draw blank - Apr 15, 2012