Road rage: Three judges attacked in Delhi (Lead)May 17th, 2012 - 10:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) In yet another case of road rage in the capital, four young men on two motorbikes Thursday viciously attacked three judges, leaving one of them and their driver seriously injured.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ajay Garg and driver Chaman Lal were hospitalized with head injuries after the bikers rained bricks on their windscreen soon after the judge’s car grazed one of the motorcycles, toppling two men.
The incident occurred at Dakshinpuri when the judges were returning home from the nearby Saket court, police said.
Additional District Judge M.K. Nagpal and Additional Sessions Judge Inderjeet Singh, who were in the same car, managed to escape the wrath of the attackers but suffered minor injuries.
According to Madan Lal, president of the Saket Bar Association, when the bikers fell on the road, one of the judges went to their assistance before returning to the car.
The men, however, began raining bricks from a roadside pile. They were joined by two friends who were on another bike.
“Somehow Nagpal and Inderjeet Singh got out of the car and fled for their lives to take shelter in nearby buildings,” Lal told IANS.
“Garg and the driver who were in the front seat could not come out and bore the brunt of the attack.”
Police said they had detained three men.
- Attack on judges: Delhi lawyers observe strike - May 18, 2012
- Attack on judges: Lawyers threaten strike Friday - May 17, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges - May 18, 2012
- Three judges attacked in Delhi, one injured - May 17, 2012
- Four held for attack on Delhi judges (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- Smashed windows, burnt car and barricades at blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Blast in Israel embassy car injures four, Iran blamed (Intro Roundup) - Feb 13, 2012
- Apples fall from sky in Coventry - Dec 15, 2011
- Three youths returning from party killed in Delhi accident (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Taliban destroy over 50 NATO vehicles in Pakistan - Oct 07, 2010
- Less road accidents at night in Delhi: Police - Apr 18, 2012
- Capital rage continues: Man killed after quarrel over liquor - Jan 14, 2011
- Bustle back at Israeli embassy car blast site - Feb 14, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011
- Gambhir's cousin, uncle arrested in road rage incident - Jun 05, 2012
Tags: attack police, attackers, bikers, bricks, brunt, district judge, front seat, garg, head injuries, inderjeet singh, madan lal, magistrate, minor injuries, motorbikes, nagpal, nearby buildings, returning home, road rage, two friends, windscreen