Road rage claims army man’s life in PunjabMarch 13th, 2008 - 1:02 am ICT by admin
Gurdaspur (Punjab), March 12 (IANS) An army man returning to his duty after his leave was killed Wednesday near Dhariwal town in this border district of Punjab in a case of road rage. Eyewitnesses told the Punjab police that Sahib Singh’s scooter, on which he was headed to catch a train, collided with a motorcycle being driven by unidentified youth.
In a fit of rage, the youth beat him up mercilessly following an argument. He later succumbed to internal injuries as a result of the beating.
Gurdaspur district police chief L.N. Angra said the matter was being investigated and the police were trying to identify the youth who killed Singh.
- Eight killed in Punjab blast, probe ordered (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Officials shifted in Punjab's Gurdaspur after violence - Mar 31, 2012
- Three killed in Punjab blast - Jan 08, 2011
- Punjab Police gun down two militants in Gurdaspur - Apr 25, 2010
- Curfew continues in Gurdaspur, Badal orders probe - Mar 30, 2012
- A life lost, tense days as leaders play politics (Punjab Newsletter) - Mar 30, 2012
- BJP leader shot dead in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 08, 2011
- Youth gunned down in Kashmir - Apr 10, 2011
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- Army officer cremated with full military honours - Aug 22, 2011
- One killed in clash over Rajoana, curfew in Gurdaspur (Lead) - Mar 29, 2012
- 12 killed in car-bus collision in Pakistan - Jun 07, 2011
- Youth beaten to death in road rage incident - Dec 23, 2011
- Dawood's brother attacked, aide killed (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Four cops gunned down in Pakistan - Mar 13, 2012